September 28, 2008

why not now

I say only a few words
concise and limited at best
little more than air holds me still and quiet
these distant places wrap around me
tighter than skin
like I was there yesterday
fiercer than a lion that comes in the distance

I remember you after forgotten came and went
these unfinished dreams
running on tangents long abandoned
tear at me, ruin me
they speak to me even when I crave silence
as though I could do something
say the word and I'll run

but you are already gone
how can I move
even the future trembles at the fear
that surrounds, dissipates and returns
it sees all that fails
and another day awaits
untouched by the cryptic pieces

Hebrews 10:35-37
for Cody, and the secret places
28*9*08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter