September 03, 2004

beyond belief

Guiding Light
The warm afterglow of a summer's day lies silently under my skin
I long to curl up in the blanket of grace you offer me

glowing sunshine fades quickly from the sky
wherever I turn You bring me back with your strength
Answers are hidden deep in your silence
I wait
Watching the water for movement
You bring it so clearly
Why didn't I see it before
Down on my knees
I feel your heart rising, fighting
Over and over I shook off the subtle evilness
The hurt I caused, yet trivialized
Hurt that broke Your heart
I want to dip my feet in shining, living water
To wash away the thin, trasnparent layer of indifference
The dirt of unbelief
the gray silt of sin

I dream of the cleansing power You hold in your hand
Drown me in it now
Leave me speechless, ovewhelmed, eyes closed.
15/10/02

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 PM

    wow, i really like this ashley.
    were you at your parents house by the water? sounds like it. orr... maybe at baptism lake?
    mmm.
    i really like this. very peaceful and serene, almost.
    nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to dip my feet in shining, living water
    To wash away the thin, trasnparent layer of indifference
    The dirt of unbelief
    the gray silt of sin"

    I really like this Ash. What a beautiful way to express the desire for His newness. Keep blogging.

    chenelle

    ReplyDelete

counter