March 03, 2006

Rumors

So it's been said
it's grace that heals, not time.
Still this inbetween place keeps reappearing
like some illusion I'm supposed to understand.

Is resolution here, or did it pass me by one night
when sleep wrapped around me - a safety I take for granted
was the unfairness just a longing of a corner of my heart
untouched by risk
creating reason for going back in time
and why do I care now...
why do I say thank you and still I'm confused
these secrets didn't live without emotion
perhaps that was the safe assumption you made.
Yet there's a broken place I come back to
a dependence I crave, something deeper than momentary highs
knowing only here grace will open up
like the windows of heaven
and life is breathed into me anew.
3/3/06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter