February 12, 2008

metaphors

Everlasting: lasting for an indefinite period of time; incessant; an eternal duration of time; constantly recurring.
Jer 31:3 Long ago the Lord said to Israel:
"I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

Everlasting is a promise.
A melody wraps around heaven’s time span, rich with tastings of my very own promise. This promise is held together by the wind, fueled by grace, and longs for the fulfillment of love to come. Now I have a different kind of love, a loyal commitment that overflows to virtue. This everlasting love threads across decisions and hesitations, wishes and conversations. The minutes hold an incessant beauty that I only have glimpses of here. And anticipation waits at the door beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter