February 04, 2008

WATER

Slowly, daily, I breathe
Filling all my bowls with prayers
A faithful, fresh wind sweeps over the stars hidden by daytime
I'm tired of my small faith that can’t jump higher.
Please will you dream for me again
Live for me these moments I struggle to fill with your glory
These rights aren't mine to use
Maybe I should throw them away

My love is a weak excuse for loyalty
We try to rebuild your kingdom
Yet all falls short, and lies in waiting
For someone to crack the code
And set the prodigals free
For the kingdom’s potential to be released
If only we saw the depth of Your love
If only we felt the perfection within Your will
If only we saw things as they really are
Let this wind surround us now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter