March 09, 2008

two more poems

shake it off
From the heavens I rain down righteousness
These details are so intimidating
Why do you question me about my children?
I fight for patience every day
Do you give me orders about the works of my hands?
What am I getting into… too much for me alone to do
I have loved you with an everlasting love
A love that is constantly recurring
8/3/08

untitled
Show me
the angels ascending and descending
the chariots on the hillside
the shadow of the wing I'm under
the height from which I fell

Bring me
to my knees lower than the depth of sin
to my Promised Land
crawling face down on the hours you suffered
again to the foot of the cross

Speak to me
from before the dawn
after I learn to be still
of the mysteries of darkness
in prophecies and promises
9/3/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter