July 02, 2011

Next level

A book I read recently, and the practical outworking of its conclusions, reminds me of two things: First, being fully accepted by people, and flawed people at that, opened my eyes to the deeper acceptance of God. A complete, you don't have to explain or apologize for who you are acceptance which I hadn't known to be part of the impersonal God I knew, who was being continually redefined for me over the last few years. And experiencing a love from people that isn't conditional showed me the door to a love that usually defies description. My soul is "at all times hidden yet at all times revealed" and I think the filling of these two needs occurs through the deep revealing and transparency applied to the heart, and likely only through abandonment, of self of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter