January 24, 2005

Butterfly trouble

Desert Flower
The rain fell so small and common
Like pebbles in the stream
Wet drops cleaning my heart of wishes I collected
I take a breath for the next step
I should be lost in the fragrance of grace
Cherish the invisible love
Where is the surreal embrace?
I can't see what I'm supposed to love
Secret perfection challenges my clambering heart
You take my trust to the top of this standard
I can't even see the top
So how can I be sure?
Demons and angels anticipate my stumble
As I hold onto what I surrendered
Why are you following me?
I left you somewhere in Lost and Forgotten Dreams
I thought it was over, gone like summer sunshine
Yet there is my name.
So the flower wilts and sleeps
Wake this desire when its complete
You've already proven me wrong.
21/1/05

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter