November 09, 2005

Messenger of Blessing

This is a poem from pre-Adore days, when Andy spoke on grace (of course). A reminder that makes me smile.

grace

caught me as I fell
snapping iron chains like matches
stir this fire into passion

nothing else will survive in the thin air
grace
sat me down, not against my will
instructing me of an unknowable favor
ascribed to me before I could see
then it went everywhere with me
grace
traded the son's heavenly throne

eternal riches, the evidence of the unseen
without complaint holiness took on our filth
now we share in the presence of the father
grace
patted the soil over my sapling roots
poured water on my thirsty desires for goodness
glory is in these hands
anointed from a redeeming love
28*1*04

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Hey girl! I am so in awe of your ability to put words to paper and have such a strong inspiring affect on people. God's given you such an amazing gift, thanx for sharing it with all of us! I really hope God is showing you this kind of grace in your life today, I know you've been through the ringer lately but like the rain his grace will fall on all of us. You rock lady!

    ReplyDelete

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter