October 26, 2009

full circle

on some days of rain and sun
I crave the opposite
to look for a simple,
tactful explanation overflowing with understanding
instead of hollow opportunity covered by 250 thread count sheets
preferring a stirring late night conversation to clear cut textbook theory
days of pouring myself out for those who have little
hold so much more meaning
than the sugar and spice of million dollar homes
I delight in offering hidden gifts, in small spontaneous pieces
not striving after what I can't control.
what I crave and long for, that is prepared by waiting
there goes my love again- its not mine to keep
these dreams aren't momentary musings
but roots sent deep
the seed sown into the soils of time
always reaps character
one whisper of time said to choose the best is to wait
25/10/09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ashley Cornwell's Facebook profile

counter